Wheel Throwing Course (10 week)
Wheel Throwing Class (10 Weeks)
Get to werk at our wheel course.
Our 10-week term wheel throwing course is perfect for continuing potters that want a little more time to challenge themselves and learn how to take their pottery skills to the next level. This term course is a set curriculum, where the instructors demonstrate a wide variety of pottery techniques, studio theory and ceramic knowledge, however the choice of project is dependent upon the interest and ability of the individual.
Whether you want to get a strong basic knowledge of how to use the wheel or you want to learn how to throw larger pieces of clay, create handles and make matching sets of plates or mugs. The workshops are also small and intimate, to maximise your experience.
Weekly goals and areas of focus;
- Week 1 - Intro to Wheel throwing.
- Week 2 - Learning about Throwing efficiency.
- Week 3 - Intro to trimming, carving & handle joining.
- Week 4 - Advanced Throwing skills - blindfolded.
- Week 5 - Advanced trimming, carving & joining techniques.
- Week 6 - Intro to Glazing.
- Week 7 - Clay management, studio theory & advanced throwing with more Clay.
- Week 8 - Personal throwing projects.
- Week 9 - Advanced trimming, carving & joining techniques.
Week 10 -Advanced Glazing techniques.
- All equipment
- Tools & Clay
Experience level: Intermediate
The workshops are also small and intimate to maximise your experience and at the end you will finish with around 8-10 pieces that are all food-safe and dishwasher friendly.
Anyone aged 13 & over is welcome to join, but anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult who is also taking the class.
*Note: You must be able to make all dates. We're not able to do make-up sessions if you can't make a date.