Advanced Wheel Throwing MasterClass
Join us for this special MasterClass guided by the extremely talented ceramicist Evan Davis. With over 30 years of ceramic experience, you know you are in safe hands! (MEMBERS get 10% OFF)
Time & Date:
Our next round will be announced soon!
This two-day throwing intensive will build upon your current wheel skills. Students will explore multiple clay shapes, and be encouraged to push their personal limits with clay weight and sizes. Evan will fine tune your foundation throwing skills and guide you throughout the sessions, providing an opportunity for all workshop participants to expand and grow their technical repertoire.
This workshop is purely about up-skilling and expanding on your pre-existing techniques in order to achieve new heights and advanced forms on the wheel.
These are the goals:
- Advanced throwing techniques.
- Creating a two piece form.
- Making a large bowl or platter.
- Throwing thinner and using clay more sustainably.
There is no pressure to produce exceptional works. This is a learning experience, and you should feel excited and relaxed. Follow my steps and be amazed at what's possible.
What is included;
- Recycled stoneware clay (You may also bring your specific type of stoneware clay to throw with)
- Tools & equipment (You may also bring your own throwing tools)
- Your favourite piece throughout the Masterclass will be fired by the studio so you can take it home at the end of the Masterclass.
What you'll need to bring;
- A pencil and a small notebook with unruled pages to assist you and me with the visual planning of your intended shapes.
- Lunch (we have a kitchen with a fridge and microwave)
*** As this is an advanced class, basic Wheel Throwing experience is required but you don't need to be a professional to join.